Elgin Pelican Street Sweeper
The premiere mechanical sweeper in the industry, the Elgin Pelican street sweeper is a broom sweeper that meets the highest sweeper standards from a reliable brand. Elgin machines deliver superior performance, state-of-the-art technology, and superior operator comfort, and they are available from Bell Equipment Company, the premier municipal and refuse equipment house serving Michigan and Ohio.
Features of the Elgin Pelican Sweeper
The Elgin Pelican street sweeper is a three-wheel mechanical sweeper based on one of the original street sweeper designs and continuously improved since 1914.
- Isolated cab for cleaner, quieter operation
- 360 degrees of operator visibility
- Easy to maneuver with rear steer
- 10-foot sweeping path
- Single-lane dumping
- Front-mounted, variable high dump hopper
- Elgin exclusive chevron, no-jam conveyer belt
- Easy access for service and maintenance
The economical Pelican offers a sweep system that easily handles heavy, compacted dirt and bulky debris. This model is an industry leader in road sweepers.
Elgin Waterless Pelican Street Sweeper
For companies and fleets that are particularly concerned with minimizing their carbon footprint, Elgin’s innovative waterless dust control feature makes it possible to use the waterless Pelican for reliable year-round sweeping, water conservation, and low dust emissions. The design also eliminates the use of water on reactive compounds.
All the popular, standard features and outstanding sweeping performance of the Pelican are maintained on the environmentally friendly waterless model, while also offering:
- Dust skirting system
- Dust separator in the hopper
- Dust control fan with a maintenance-free filter
These components work together to control fugitive dust without the use of spray water. Because there is no water needed in the operation of the Pelican, operators can use the machine in the coldest, freezing weather conditions. This capability makes it possible to pick up winter road salt, cinders, and sand quickly, efficiently, and consistently, minimizing the labor typically required for spring clean-ups.
Efficient and productive, the Waterless Pelican:
- Increases operations productivity by eliminating untimely filling of water tanks
- Improves pick-up of fine particles
- Delivers environmental benefits from significant water conservation
The Pelican is available with a compressed natural gas configuration. The alternative-fuel, single-engine machine is powered by an ultra-low emissions engine and meets EPA greenhouse gas emissions requirements.
Elgin Industrial Pelican Street Sweeper
The Elgin Industrial Pelican also delivers a waterless advantage while maintaining Elgin sweeping performance year-round.
- Specifically equipped to meet the needs of industrial customers who sweep heavy, dry materials
- Keeps dust emissions to an absolute minimum
- Advanced waterless dust control filtration system reduces filter loading
- Robust construction for heavy industrial material handling
The Industrial Pelican comes standard with the Pelican 360-degree visibility cab, which is also fully sealed and equipped with filtered fresh air intake and recirculation, as well as:
- 3-wheel design for unparalleled maneuverability in demanding factory compound environments
- Conveyor launch ramp for picking up fine debris
- Boron runners for longevity
- Dirt shoe wings for effective rail crossing sweeping
- High front dumping hopper for unloading sweepings into containers or dump trucks
Source Your Elgin Pelican Street Sweeper from Bell Equipment
Elgin is the most trusted name in the street sweeper industry. The brand is known for its quality products, patented capabilities, and reliable machines. Whether you are seeking a new or used street sweeper to add to your municipality fleet or a sweeper to take care of targeted industrial needs, contact Bell Equipment, dealer of Elgin machines in Michigan and Ohio. From neighborhoods to parking lots, city streets to industrial settings, we take care of all your equipment needs.