Elgin Broom Bear Street Sweeper
A four-wheel, single-engine mechanical sweeper, the Elgin Broom Bear is the top choice of municipalities and contractors that need a powerful, efficient, easy-to-operate street sweeper. Broom Bear models are available from Bell Equipment Company, the premier municipal and refuse equipment house serving Michigan and Ohio.
Features of the Elgin Broom Bear
The Elgin Broom Bear is manufactured in an ISO:9001 certified plant. All Elgin sweepers are quality inspected and functionally tested prior to shipment. The brand focuses on continuous improvement for all their machines and uses an application-based approach to satisfying customers’ sweeping needs.
At Michigan Maintenance Supply, we work with our customers to help ensure that you get the right machine for your specifications, including engine configuration, fuel requirements, and specialty options.
Features of the Elgin Broom Bear mechanical street sweeper include:
- Single-engine technology
- Fully dualized controls
- Large hopper and water tank
- Twin variable displacement hydraulic pumps for increased sweeper system efficiency
- Variable dump height
- Squeegee with patented interchangeability to chevron conveyor belt system
- Short wheelbase for enhanced maneuverability in tight spaces
The main broom is attached to a fully floating trailing arm to better conform to road contours and the mechanical suspension dynamically adjusts to various road conditions with lift and lower functions controlled from the cab. Free floating side brooms offer four-way motion and protection against damaging impacts while pneumatic lift and extension control enhance performance.
Mounted on a commercially available conventional or cab-over chassis, the Broom Bear uses the chassis engine to power the sweeper. This model ensures productive sweeping time and the short wheelbase, large brooms, and dual mode air suspension system make the Broom Bear a rugged sweeper that is appropriate for rural areas and congested urban areas alike. It’s a machine that can handle heavy duty construction debris or light street maintenance.
Environmentally Friendly Broom Bear Sweeper
Tough on dust and debris but easy on operators, the Broom Bear is also kind to the environment:
- Available as an optional alternative fuel sweeper with an engine fueled by compressed natural gas (CNG)
- Low emissions thanks to the CNG configuration
- Fully certified EPA/CARB emission compliant street sweeper
The Broom Bear comes standard with the Elgin squeegee conveyor for versatile and reliable performance in a wide range of applications including:
- Aggregate and granular material pick up gravel and millings
- Ideal for road construction contractors
- General municipal sweeping of trash, leaves, and other organics
For customers who choose the belt conveyor, applications further include:
- Highway sweeping
- General municipal sweeping, along with large debris
The conveyors are designed to be interchangeable should a customer need to manage different applications throughout the sweep season.
Optional Enhancements for the Broom Bear
Like so many Elgin sweepers, the Broom Bear can be enhanced with specialty features depending on your preferences.
- LifeLiner hopper system: Liner and finish system that improves life, durability, and function of the sweeper hopper
- In-cab side broom tilt and extended reach: On-the-go pitch adjustment
- Lighting packages: Strobes, beacons, or arrow sticks to suit customer requirements
Get an Elgin Broom Bear Street Sweeper from Bell Equipment
The most trusted named in the street sweeper industry, all Elgin products are known for their quality, reliability, and patented capabilities. Whether you are in the market for a new or used street sweeper to add to your fleet or target industrial or commercial needs, contact Bell Equipment, dealer of Elgin machines in Michigan and Ohio.